It's the NEW Countdown!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Step One.

Welcome me. Why am I here?

After my second time around on mat leave, not having a computer for over two months, and with minimal adult conversation/contact, I have finally decided to write. Publicly. Sort of. I'm pretty tired of Facebook which is a surprise even to me since that was what took up most of my time. I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same old things- new car, new boyfriend, new engagement, new house, new baby, new job; to, bad car accident, bad breakup, bad makeup, on/off hookups; to, I'm prettier than you, I'm over you are yet I check your page daily, I never spoke to you in highschool but yet we should be friends, I'm going to add you for the sake of adding you, I "pretend I "forgot" who you are but I check your status and profile picture every chance I get, etc.

So I guess this is a different way for me to connect and express myself without really seeing or reading things I don't need to. I don't care if you had scrambled eggs for breakfast or pho for dinner. You shouldn't care how much I love Edward. I guess that's why Twitter wouldn't work for me either.

My brothers and sister-in-law have blogs and I do like reading them. They're pretty interesting, helpful and sometimes insightful. My secret guilty pleasure is reading Lainey's blog. So I figure, I enjoy reading. I like to talk. I love to write. Then, why not try this "blogging" business out which seems like incorporates all of the above? And plus- I'm on freaking mat leave!

So I have created this new world for me- escape if you will- while my baby boy is napping and my little girl is dancing her heart out at camp. In other words, while I'm not immediately needed by my two kids, dishes are put away, laundry is drying, dinner is thawing, sister is sleeping (at her own house), and no new Cake Boss or True Blood episodes are available On Demand, then I shall commit myself here. If only for a few minutes, or simple, short entries and so long as my laptop keeps a truckin'-- I welcome me.

As my headline or whatever you call it reads, this new written world will be about a mommy (me) and her b's. You guessed it. Belle. Blake. Blogging. And Bitching. Of course Michael will be much a part of this world, but I couldn't think of a "b" name for him that wasn't a swear word. Feel free to suggest.

Anyway, this was quite an overwhelming, yet a relieving, pleasant experience already. Very excited to continue daily.

Hope you enjoy what's to come.

2 comments:

Steph N Jay said...

Jay and I can't wait till you figure out a name for Michael!

oh and yes, this entry is pretty funny.

leesh said...

Boyfriend...Babycakes...Beefcake...Boytoy...

Welcome to the blogging world. I hope you keep it up. Now you can put a New Moon widget on your blog. LOL!