It's the NEW Countdown!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the F word.


Facebook revisited. I just wanted to clarify my previous comments about the "F" word. All comments I made were true enough. I am sick and tired of seeing nonsense about random acts about life.

Except for family and friends. Let me share a few examples, or exceptions if you will.

My friend Mel recently got a new car and I am happy about that since she has a beauty-eyed baby girl to bring around. (Hopefully to Aurora one day?!?) My other friend Cheryl finally posted a new profile picture after... I don't know? Four, five years? And to top that off, it is a picture of her and her boyfriend. Very, very pleased with that. Not the revelation of the picture itself- though that is quite a pleasant surprise- but rather that she is happily together with Oliver. No, Oscar. Oliscar.

Those of whom I don't talk with on a regular basis due to distance, work, babies, etc., that I actually give a damn about are the exceptions to my F word trashing. These include my family -immediate and extended, my real friends- both old -especially "Brampton"- school and new school. New school meaning "from" school. As in those I work with. The rest are the ones I flick my hand in passing to. The ones who craved an omelet for breakfast this morning and got trashed last Monday. And Tuesday and Wednesday.

And it is the latter reason why I am no longer a fan of the Book of Faces.

However, it is the former reason why I will not delete my account. Why I will continue to log in. To see how Amaya's growing for example, where Marina has traveled to as of late, when Cheryl will post her engagement (don't hate), how Tasha's wedding plans draw out, what craziness Dilene is up to, how often my brother Mike updates his status in a day, etc.

So, yes while I do bash and hate on the F word, I am still a user. But not a fan. Call me hypocritical. Call me crazy. But don't call me baby anymore. (Shout out to Belle).

There it is. The F word scenario clarified.

4 comments:

mareens said...

I must really be out of it...I found out about cherybelle's profile picture change through your blog...lol.

cher said...

good blogging! oscar says he would like to be called oliscar moving forward.

deesolsarmi said...

say wha? oliscar moving forward is the whole name? i dont get. but oliscar is nice isnt it?

cher said...

lol...i meant...from now on (aka moving forward), call him oliscar