It was only a year ago, yet it seems like it was just yesterday.
Time.
It's funny how at times it can stand completely still.
It's funny how at times it can stand completely still.
And at others, just flies by.
It's unimaginable how one marked day can bring forth two such completely different emotions for one person.
Steph,
Plain and simple, you are strength. Without needing to prove anything, to reassure others or to walk around with your head up-- you are strength.
I pray for you and Jay. I am uplifted and encouraged when I see you two just doing...
just going...
just being.
just going...
just being.
I am fortunate that you are still here. With us. With Jay. With me.
Day by day, you just do it. And I am with you every step of the way. Though at times you may fall back, I'll be there to sit with you and wait until you can get up again. When it gets dark and rainy and you just want it to be so, I'll be by your side. And when you move forward again, little by little, step by step, I will walk with you.
I will eat with you.
I will cry with you.
I will hear you.
Whenever, wherever, however.
I will be your sister.
I miss Callie so much too.
And though today may be a hard day, it will be okay because we remember her.
And ps. Happy 1st anniversary to you and Jay.
Love you.
1 comment:
Thanks for writing something so beautiful.
Thanks for being there. We truly appreciate everything. Callie will always be in all our hearts and I'm sure she's fully entertained not only by Belle's dance moves, but yours as well.
Love you lots.
Post a Comment