New month, new season, new weather? More like the weather we should've had this summer. Nevertheless, 20-plus-degree type weather is always welcome.
It's back to school.
The little-uns are flocking excitedly to their classrooms to show off their new pencils, the middle-uns drag their feet but have pure excitement as their pre-pubescent years draw closer to an end, and the big-uns confidently strut what they think is the hottest sh-t off and gossip about who shat in their pants from the best end of the summer party.
Oh school days, school days, dear old golden rule days.
Back to school also means the house-ho's are out. The i-was-smart-enough-to-marry-a-wealthy-man-so-i-can-stay-home women have herded to Starbucks in groups of no less than three with tank tops, short shorts, orange tans, big blings and big "tings" poking out. (God, I love Aurora). As they "AH HAH HAHA HAHA" while fanning themselves with their own hands, I only feel sorry for their kids. I quickly figure out why I end up with so many dumb-ass, conceited, selfish teenagers. Then I feel sorry for them no more.
It's the start of school for my very own little-un. Her JK transition begins this week and full scale next. She is ready with a new backpack and a matching lunchbag, new pencil case with co-ordinating pencils, erasers, rulers and crayola central. I keep telling her not everything has to match. In this "school supply" case, it did. And look how cute she is with everything hot pink and leopardy. With everything labelled from shoes to sharpeners, my little girl is off and ready for school.
I will photograph.
I will videotape (or assign someone to).
I will document.
I will wave and smile.
I will breakdown and cry.
There she goes with her purple leather jacket and new chucks. Holla.
Good luck baby girl. Here's to the beginning of your next 18 years of scholalry love.
It's September.
One month until Halloween.
Two months until our first-four-family trip.
Three months until Christmas.
Five months until I begin my own back-to-school routine. I Curse. Gag me.
Leaves, turn orange and red and auburn and nice and cripsy. Wind, pick it up just a wee bit so that my little b's can wear their awaiting Fall gear.
Where the blood has time gone? Sigh.
It's September. Have a happy one.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awww belle! i can only imagine how CUTE she looks. she's gonna make soooo many friends, because she's so super cool ;) "she got it from her momma". lol.
nice post dee ... i was LMAO at the rich & fabulous @ starbucks. lollll.
go belle!
Post a Comment